Creating a Private App on Shopify to connect to Onramp
Below is a video walking through the full process of creating a custom app, as well as a step-by-step guide:
1. Go to Apps in Shopify Admin
Login to your Shopify Admin Account and navigate to Apps in the left navigation
2. Enable private app development
If private app development is enabled, skip to the next step.
Enable private app development:
- Click Enable private apps.
- Read and check the terms, and then click Enable private app development.
4. Click Create new private app at the top right
5. Complete the fields in App details section
Private app name: Onramp
Emergency developer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Click Show inactive Admin API permissions under Admin API
7. Enable Read Access for the following fields to integrate to our API:
8. Click Save
9. Click Create app
Please note this may take up to a few minutes.
Look for the confirmation message at top of the screen.
10. Copy the Example URL in field for Onramp
Click the clipboard icon or highlight and copy the Example URL.
11. Go back to Onramp & click Shopify
- Click the Shopify button on the main screen
- Click the green link inside the yellow box that says Follow this flow instead.
12. Paste the Example URL
You will be taken to a new page to paste your Example URL.
Once pasted, you will be taken back to the main connection screen.
Congratulations - you did it!
Thank you for going through these steps!
Your store is now connected to Onramp and we’ll do the heavy lifting from here. We are excited to get you the cash you need!