Updated: August 1, 2022
External Referral Program
Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. By submitting a candidate for referral, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
The External Referral Bonus program (the “Program”) offers a one-time referral payment to persons unaffiliated with Onramp, to help Onramp financially support the best eCommerce Merchants in the United States. Referrals are valid for 6 months from the date of submission.
II. Individuals eligible for an external referral payment
You must be an individual person (i.e., not a business entity) and a legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age to participate in the Program.
III. Individuals not eligible for an external referral payment
The following people/entities are not eligible to participate in this program:
• Current Onramp employees and their immediate family members
• Partners, agencies or consultants, or any employee or consultant of a third party to whom Onramp is contractually obligated in any capacity.
IV. Non-eligible candidates
You are not eligible for an external referral payment if the candidate you refer is a:
• Business who has already been referred by a current Onramp employee
• Current business applicant to Onramp (if they have applied to Onramp within the last 12 months)
• Recent or current contractor, temporary worker, or consultant for Onramp
• Provider of services to Onramp (if they have provided services to Onramp in the last 12 months)
• Former Onramp employee
• Family member of a current Onramp employee
V. Payment terms
If you are eligible to participate in the Program, Onramp shall pay you a one-time external referral payment in the amount of $1,000 (gross) for a referral, if the referral results in a successful financial relationship (i.e. cash advance), and such referred business acknowledges he or she was referred by you.
If the referral is successfully onboarded by Onramp, you must complete and return to Onramp an IRS Form W-9 (and any other documentation that Onramp may require) in order to receive the referral bonus. Onramp will process the external referral bonus within 30 days after the referred business has accepted cash terms. Referral payments will be made on a 1099 basis and paid by Onramp via PayPal, Venmo, ACH or a similar financial payment platform.
VI. Process to refer candidates
Referrals that do not include all of the required information, or that are not properly identified will NOT be eligible for this Program. To be eligible for an external referral bonus, you must provide the following at the time of your initial submission:
• Your name and contact information (phone number and email address)
• The potential business’ full name
• The potential business’ contact information (phone number and email address)
• Your relationship to the potential business
• The reason(s) the potential candidate is qualified for the position
Note: One business per submission. If the referred business appears to be a match, we will contact him or her. The referred person must acknowledge that you referred him or her, and then we will ask him or her to apply online through the Onramp website.
VII. Tax Liability
External referral bonuses are paid pre-tax from Onramp. You are solely responsible for paying appropriate state and federal taxes on any payment received. Onramp will report referral payments to the appropriate tax authorities.
VIII. Additional information, rules, and guidelines
1. In the event that more than one external person refers to the same business, the external referral bonus will be awarded to the first referrer based on the timestamp of the submission.
2. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time you make a referral to participate.
3. You must reside in the United States and have a valid social security number to participate.
4. This external referral program is effective August 1, 2022 The terms and conditions of this external referral bonus program are subject to change or termination at any time and in Onramp’s sole discretion.
5. This agreement is governed by Texas law and you agree that all disputes regarding the Program shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration in Austin, Texas.
6. You agree that Onramp’s total liability under this agreement for any cause of action relating to the subject matter of this agreement (regardless of the nature of such claim) is the lesser of your actual, direct damages or $1000.
7. Please email email@example.com with any questions. By submitting a referral you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined by this program.
Onramp is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status, and consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
Onramp Funds Inc.
PO Box 164122
Austin, TX 78767