Director of Product Marketing
From our headquarters in Austin, Texas, Onramp's mission is to democratize finance and empower online sellers to scale their business, capture their demand, and meet their dreams.
At the intersection of fintech and eCommerce, Onramp is flipping traditional lending on its head to provide merchants with an innovative lending solution that gives control back to sellers.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to help drive product and go-to-market strategy for our SaaS product suite. In this role, you’ll work with our Product and Engineering teams to define and launch our roadmap, with Sales to enable our user-facing teams, and with Marketing to grow awareness and adoption.
In this role you will help generate customer insights that inform Onramp’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products & integrations, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Onramp, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
Onramp’s SaaS products (e.g. lending, analytics, marketing, etc) aim to bring Onramp customers a radically better experience driving eCommerce growth and understanding their business’ financial, sales, shipping, and inventory data.
What You Will Do
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc.)
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Onramp—from Sales and User Operations to local teams in other countries
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to align the product value proposition and our users’ success
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Think globally as we work to expand our solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors, and pricing accordingly
Who You Are
- An entrepreneurial storyteller. You have deep empathy for eCommerce merchants and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Onramp. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various work streams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Onramp. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborate across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Onramp. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- 5+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 3 years of marketing or go-to-market experience
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience working in B2B settings and with sales teams is preferred
- Experience in payments or financial services is preferred but not required
- We don’t expect you to have all of these things (but the more the merrier!)
- Aggressive stock options
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to build a business from the ground up
- A place where your opinions matter - they shape the business
- A collaborative, team environment where you are part of a family
- A commitment to both personal and professional development
- Leadership who lives in the trenches
- Generous PTO
- Volunteer days
- Casual dress code
- Snacks and drinks
- Happy Hours, fun company outings, and more!