Director Of Business Development
The founding team at Onramp Funds has spent decades helping small and medium eCommerce sellers grow their businesses. We've created eCommerce order management, shipping, and fulfillment workflow solutions used by hundreds of thousands of eCommerce sellers with billions of orders. We've launched high-velocity financial platforms managing billions of dollars in transaction volumes. We've secured the data and identities of tens of millions of individuals and businesses worldwide. And we've mentored and invested in incubators and startups to help entrepreneurs reach their full potential.
From our headquarters in Austin, Texas, Onramp's mission is to democratize finance and empower online sellers to scale their business, capture their demand, and meet their dreams. At the intersection of fintech and eCommerce, Onramp is flipping traditional lending on its head to provide merchants with an innovative lending solution that gives control back to sellers.
We are not looking for a traditional salesperson. To succeed as a Director of Business Development with Onramp, you must be able to constructively challenge the status quo, thrive in the uncomfort zone, and paint a vision of success that energizes clients. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty; you make things happen. You will be working closely with every business department and be a critical component in driving brand awareness and unlocking additional revenue streams.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter who can leverage existing relationships, build new trusted relationships, provide tight feedback loops between client needs and Onramp solutions, and dramatically grow our business. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your industry experience and ignite your career by coming in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup.
What You Will Do
Develop and lead Onramp's partner development strategy
- Develop and deliver on new client, logo, and revenue targets
- Build a fly-wheel of new partner acquisition through proven processes and practices
- Play offense by proactively engaging critical components of the eCommerce ecosystem (agencies, 3PLs, marketplaces, platforms, etc.)
- Drive solution concept, design, and vision, and relay that vision to the client and our organization
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage prospective clients. Identify decision-makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Become a trusted internal "voice of the customer" for our product team to continue to evolve our solutions
- Represent Onramp at tradeshows and events
- Build and scale a business development team
- 5+ years experience as a business development manager or director in the eCommerce ecosystem
- Ability to interface with senior client personnel at tactical/operational and strategic levels.
- Proven success developing and closing new business.
- Track record of operationalizing new partnerships
- Familiarity with SaaS software products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Experience in a tech startup environment is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Support your teammates and play for each other
- Willingness to challenge and be challenged
- We thrive in the uncomfort zone
- Fail early and often with a growth mindset; vulnerability and accountability are our strengths.
- We do our best work
- We play fast and sweat together
- We embrace fun and celebrate breakthroughs
- Aggressive stock options
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Opportunity to build a business from the ground up
- A place where your opinions matter - they shape the business
- A collaborative, team environment where you are part of a family
- A commitment to both personal and professional development
- Leadership who lives in the trenches
- Generous PTO
- Volunteer Days
- Snacks and Drinks
- Happy Hours
Think you would be a good fit for this position? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your resume and include a write-up with a brief note / cover letter (3-4 paragraphs-ish) going over a bit about yourself, what you're looking for in the position, and what specifically resonates with you about Onramp and what we've described here.
We look forward to hearing from you!