From our headquarters in Austin, Texas, Onramp's mission is to democratize finance and empower online sellers to scale their business, capture their demand, and meet their dreams.
At the intersection of fintech and eCommerce, Onramp is flipping traditional lending on its head to provide merchants with an innovative lending solution that gives control back to sellers.
Onramp is looking for a Data Analyst to help transform how we review/process loan files, discover insights in our data, and support data-driven decision making across the organization. You will analyze financial data to assess the likelihood of a customer honoring their financial obligations, help build machine learning models to predict loan outcomes and cashflows, and build metrics and dashboards to communicate insights both internally and externally.
What You Will Do
- Work with the latest technology and data stack (AWS)
- Carefully analyze data and produce clear and objective reports
- Assess existing or prospective customers requesting Onramp services to determine whether they meet our underwriting, compliance, and regulatory standards
- Assess the ongoing behavior, performance and risk that our customers represent to us
- Analyze portfolio performance against standards and identify trends and criteria to improve performance
- Develop and track internal reports
- Help shape credit policy changes through insight and analysis
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams and external partners, across multiple levels of seniority
- Create ratio, trend, and cashflow analyses and projections
- Monitor corporate portfolio asset quality on an ongoing basis
Who You Are
We are looking for a problem solver. A curious mind. A team player. An obsessive personality that strives to provide answers to their own endless questions. You can expect to work hard, learn a business from the ground up and have fun while doing it. Our Data Analyst will work closely with all departments across the business and technology. You’ll work in an open-plan office with a great vibe, endless natural light, a unified, cohesive team, and leadership with a proven record.
- Passion for problem solving - you literally can’t stop digging into until you understand why things are happening and can explain the situation to your teammates
- You love learning new things and thinking of ways to do things better
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field or equivalent experience (advanced degree? Even better!)
- Superior analytical skills – you know how to structure a problem into testable hypotheses, then go and test them
- Ability to manipulate data using SQL – you go beyond basic select and join statements and know a thing or two about stored procedures
- Experience working with cloud-based data infrastructure like AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Dremio, DataBricks, etc.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks and maintaining strong attention to detail
- Data visualization, data science, or financial modeling experience is a plus
- Aggressive stock options
- Health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Learning and development opportunities
- Opportunity to build a business from the ground up
- A place where your opinions matter - they shape the business
- A collaborative, team environment where you are part of a family
- A commitment to both personal and professional development
- Leadership who lives in the trenches
- Generous PTO
- Volunteer days
- Casual dress code
- Snacks and drinks
- Happy Hours, fun company outings, and more!